Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sweet seventeen...

With this weather today doesn't that title make you want to roll down your window and jam out to some Tim McGraw? It does me!! :) Sorry for the delayed post. I was waiting until after the doctor check up so I wouldn't bore you guys too much. So since I was 16 weeks this past weekend and I'll be 17 in just a few days I decided to combine the 2 if that's okay with you!
First off, what the good ole' doc had to say! Well the appt. went really good! It was short and sweet but that is really all I ask for :) She weighed me and ugh I had put on a few, but I figure if I wasn't gaining that wouldn't be good and honestly for the first time in my life as long as that baby is healthy I do not care. Don't get me wrong I don't want to do a Kirstie Alley on you or anything, but you know what I mean! She did my measurements and then drew some blood. It's funny how I had the option to get this blood drawn for a certain test and normally in the past I would say no way jose I don't want to see a needle no matter what it is, but this little bitty baby in my tummy sure has given me some courage! or might I say is bringing the Mom out in me?! :) Then we heard the heartbeat which made me the happiest girl in the world! The heart rate was 155 so the little one is still goin' strong! Chris was great support once again although he discovered I talk too much when I'm nervous and likes to hold conversations about dinner when I've got a needle stuck in my arm! Oh what would I do without him ;) We don't go back to the OB for another 6 weeks, but we go on Monday to Dr. BK's (the ultrasound place) to find out if Baby C is a boy or girl! Ah! As I've said before we won't find out until that Saturday (the 26th) when we do a little family revealment but ah I cannot wait!! :) Chris really thinks it's a girl, so we will see. Everyone keeps asking me what I think... at first I thought a boy and now I'm leaning towards a girl. But I go back and forth so my vote doesn't count! I know one things for sure whether that cake is pink or blue I will be ecstatic!! So on to the update of week 16 & 17 stats!!

*16/17 Weeks*
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 16 / 17 weeks
Size of baby: The size of an avocado (16) / onion (17)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 7lbs. (Just so you know I didn’t gain 5 lbs in a week, ha – I’m just keeping up at the doc appts!)
Maternity Clothes: Still wearing all regular clothes… but I can see some new pants in the near future :)
Gender: Next Saturday! Woo hoo!!
Movement: Not yet
Sleep: Sleeping good – thank goodness I already sleep on my side!
What I miss: Not gonna lie, this hot weather calls for a frozen rita poolside… but that’s ok Coke Icee will do!
Cravings: Oh you know Coke Icees and random Chinese food! I have not had Chinese food in forever because Chris won’t eat it. So seriously since Monday I have planned my Chinese meal. I am making Chris his fav. chicken & rice casserole tonight so he will have left overs tom. and I’m treating myself to Friday night Formosa! Haha! Oh the little things these days :)
Symptoms: More potty breaks but other than that as they say I’m in the easy breezy 2nd trimester!
Best Moment this week: Week 16= My sis made her flight to come to Memphis Easter!!!! I cannot explain how excited I am! I have not seen her since I found out I was pregnant and let me tell you I cannot wait to hug her neck so tight!!!
Week 17 = Of course hearing that baby’s heartbeat. Like I’ve said before, nothing like it :)

*Sorry I've been slacking on the pictures, but I've got my onion prepared for a 17 week shot!
I hope everyone enjoys this beautiful weekend we have coming up! I hope to get my Casper self outside long enough to let my skin know sunshine does still exist :)
Until then... GO TIGERS!!!!

P.S. Chris & I are trying to plan a babymoon/anniversary trip. We want to keep it small and in driving distance. Any suggestions?! St. Louis is an option- I would love some feedback!!

MUCH LOVE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment