Tuesday, April 19, 2011

SPRING FEVER!

I don't know about ya'll but I am ready for this pretty weather to stick. This weekend was so weird, freezing Saturday and gorgeous Sunday! Hopefully the rain this week will spare us and we will have some sunshine! There are far too many fun festivities coming up for the weather to get in the way! My sister is coming in town (ahhhh, she gets to rub on Grayson for the first time!!). When sister comes in town this entails a lot festivities... El Porton night, Patio/BBQ night... you get the gist! We need some pretty weather for these functions!
We also had a lot of fun times this past weekend! Chris went on his annual Easter Egg Hunt! Haha, don't laugh :) I started this 4 years ago and it has become tradition. It's fun and he gets excited like a little kid (hope he doesn't read this!). I hide clues in different Easter eggs around the house and he has to follow them to find his Easter basket!!


Thinking hard... "hmm, where might this clue lead to?"


Notice Chris in background... I think he found one!All kinds of fun stuff!!(I wonder if Grayson will wonder why Daddy still goes on Easter Egg Hunts too? ha!)


Saturday we went to our Pregnancy to Parenthood class. It was a long day, 8-4, but well worth it! It was at Methodist Germantown (where I will be delivering) and it was really a great class. I learned a lot, but I think the main thing for me is now I feel a lot more comfortable going into this. I knew quite a bit of it so knowing there was not a million other things I didn't know made me feel better. I think I can do this :) My friend went a month or so ago and told me to not watch the birthing videos. Well of course then I had to. I was afraid I would always fear what it looked like if I didn't watch and I am glad I did. Yeah it was disgusting and no it is not something I enjoyed, but a big ole' baby is... ok, maybe I shouldn't get descriptive here, but I know that moment isn't going to be all roses so seeing that helped me realize that it's nothing more than what I imagined. Once again, I can do this :) (I will probably keep repeating that to myself for the next 4 months:) It was a really special time for Chris & I. (Confession: Chris can swaddle better than me.) We had fun with it and I can't wait to raise this baby boy with him! I know we probably all feel this way, but I really think he is going to be the best Daddy!! And as much as Chris hopes he's not, I hope Grayson is just like him!


After the class we headed to a sweet little girls birthday party, Katelyn Jane Miskel! Of course Momma Ashley had it to a tee and it was a precious "Paris" themed party! Here is Kate ripping into some presents! She is such a good baby!!Speaking of 1st birthdays, we have another precious little boy to celebrate this weekend! Sweet Hudson (another reason this rain needs to leave us alone!!).



*21 Weeks!*



I'm 21 weeks!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 21 weeks
Size of baby: The size of a banana
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 7lbs. (Oh, but next Wed. after the doc this little # will change:)
Maternity Clothes: Mainly just pants and some tops… just bought my first maternity swimsuit! Yay for summer!
Gender: IT’S A BOY!!!!!!!
Movement: He must have loved the church service Sunday because he was having a hay day in my tummy! I’ve been feeling him a lot midmorning and mid afternoon… I think by night time he is pooped like Momma!
Sleep: Overall pretty good, I’ve only had a few bad nights.
What I miss: Nothing really… maybe trying on clothes and them fitting? Ha!
Cravings: Coke icees, Ice cream and Caramel Cadbury Eggs!!... they need to get these off the shelves asap!
Symptoms: This past week I have had some major pregnancy brain – anyone who finds my black running shorts or kitchen scissors, please let me know!! (I have a feeling they are somewhere verrry random!)
Best Moment this week: Our pregnancy to parenthood class… a sweet day I’ll never forget :)



I guess we never keep bananas in our house because Copper was so amsued by it. She wouldn't get out of the picture because she wanted it so bad. I let her figure it out for a little while...My baby girl;)




Easter is right around the corner! I hope everyone takes some time out of their day filled with family & food and remembers the true reason for Easter! There is so much to be thankful for and it's all because of HIM! Don't let that slip your mind this holiday! Enjoy :) xoxo~

No comments:

Post a Comment