Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Short-n-Sweet!

Hello all! I hope everyone had a splendid weekend! Ours was filled with relaxing times with friends & family! Not so happy I didn't get one single picture... However, fun times were had! Saturday night we had some friends over to cook out! With friends comes babies these days and I just love it :) We had 3 little chitlins at our house! Just to think in a few short months one more will be added to the crew! yay;) Sunday it was off to church and then a full day of Mother's Day and sister-n-law birthday celebrations! It was a great day!! It's always a fun time hanging out with both sides of the fam and poolside made it even better! I don't know if it's the hormones or what, but this Mother's Day was very sentimental this year. I am so grateful for my wonderful Mother and everything she has ever been in my life. She has taught me many life lessons, but been my best friend through it all. It sounds so cliche to say, but I really do not know what I would do without her! She is a best friend that I love to have around, but also need to have around. She makes me a better person in many different ways! Also, I am so blessed for the amazing Mother-in-law God gifted me with! I feel so lucky to have someone that loves me so much and would do anything in the world for Chris & I. I love her so much and thank God for picking her out for me:)

My Mom & I went and visited my grandma (Bibbie's) grave on Sunday. It just hit so hard! She has been gone for 6 years now, but there is not a day that goes by that I don't miss her. She had such a big impact on my life and always will. I always think about how bad I wish she could be here for special occasions or when something exciting happens. She was always so happy for me and would have done anything for me. When Chris & I got married it was so hard her not being there. But I know she was smiling down and I just know she loves Chris so much! She would call him "her boy" and give him the biggest Bibbie hug in the world if she could! And one day I know I will witness that right before my eyes :) It's tough yet again that she isn't here as I get ready to have a baby of my own. I want her here so bad it hurts. Although Grayson won't get to meet his great grandma here on earth, I know she is saving so many hugs and kisses for him up in Heaven. And don't you worry Grayson will know all about his Bibbie before he gets there! Even though Chris never met Bibbie he knows all her sayings and "what Bibbie would do or say" in situations! She will always live on in my life and therefore, she lives on in theirs! I was so blessed to have her in my life for as long as I did. No one can replace a Grandma's love and as Bibbie raised my Mom with a heart of gold like hers, I am so lucky to know that Grayson will get to experience the kind of grandma's love like I did! Bibbie's so proud of you Nonna! :)


Sorry, did I name the title of this blog short-n-sweet?! hehe, oops! I did not plan on talking this long, but it feels good to speak my heart sometimes! On to Baby Grayson updates...


*24 Weeks*


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 24 weeks
Size of baby: An ear of corn (12 inches long & a/b 1.3 lbs)
Maternity Clothes: Yes, all pants but can still wear some normal tops.
Gender: IT’S A BOY!!!!!!!
Movement: He’s moving all the time now! Chris has been able to feel him lots too! :) It’s now not little kicks, but big jolts that make my whole stomach move!
Sleep: Not too bad, I just wake up a lot because my hips start hurting. They say it’s due to sleeping on your side and all the extra pressure from the uterus, etc… hmm we will see if Mr. Boppy between the legs helps!
What I miss: Not much, I guess being able to throw something on and it fitting!
Cravings: The usual Coke Icees and Ice cream and a lot of fruit lately!
Symptoms: Weird, but I’ve had bloody noses which they say is normal during pregnancy. Nothing extreme, but not the norm. Then just the ever-growing belly, no more just looking like I got a beer belly, ha!
Best Moment this week: Realizing on Mother’s Day that this time next year I will be a Momma {to an 8 month old}! Oh goodness, I can’t wait :)



And guess what!! Baby Grayson got his first real package in the mail! Addressed to him and all! It came from my awesome cousin Chris who lives in New York/Miami (what a life, huh?). It was so fun seeing his name on the package...

and even more fun when I opened this up!!!How awesome is this?! Grayson's very own "racing" rocking horse! I wanted one for his nursery so bad and leave it up to my cousin Chris to get the perfect gift! He even makes racing noises! Thank you 2nd cousin Chris! You seem so cool already! I can't wait to meet you! Love, Grayson

No comments:

Post a Comment