Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Showers!


Although I am not referring to actual rain showers, as I write this it is getting darker & darker outside. Usually storms do not bother me that bad, but due to what has happened to the surrounding states lately it puts a knot in my stomach. I cannot believe all the tornadoes that have come through our region lately... my heart and prayers go out to all that have lost their homes and especially loved ones! I cannot imagine! I pray the storm that is headed our way will quickly pass and not cause any damage! Chris will not get to stand outside as the storm rolls in this time, he has no fear and it scares the bejesus outta me!!

Anywho~ we had a wonderful weekend, but of course it went by too quick. I had 2 showers this weekend for friends and it seems like they just keep coming! I love getting to spend these exciting times with friends! Saturday was my good friend Stephanie's baby shower. She is expecting Leighton May in early July. Stephanie and I always said we wanted to get pregnant together mainly for the sake of our boys, haha. Well neither of us knew each other were trying and when she broke the unexpected news to us at 9 weeks, I was actually 2 weeks pregnant and had no idea! Haha! It's too funny because we definitely didn't plan it, but it has been so fun being pregnant at the same time!! I can't wait to see our 2 little ones together, it shall be fun!!

Sunday I went to my sweet friend Nicole's wedding shower. She is a good friend from high school/college and is getting married in July. She is going to be one beautiful bride! It was so good to see all my high school buddies I haven't seen in a while. If I could go back to a time in my life I think it would be high school. We had so much fun and not a care in the world! However, I'm loving life right now :)


All the prego's at Steph's shower!

Brittany (boy due in Sept), Stephanie (girl due in July) and Me (boy due in August)... babies, babies, babies!! Our baby bumps, 7 weeks apart. I see nothing but trouble inside those 2 bellies!! :) This is Will, Angela's little boy. He is so precious and so tiny!
*26 Weeks!*I'm 26 weeks!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 26 weeks
Size of baby: The length of an English hothouse cucumber (a little over 14 inches long & almost 2 lbs)
Maternity Clothes: Can’t live without em’! I can still wear some regular things, but already discovering some maternity dresses I bought at the beginning of pregnancy are shrinking length wise as my belly grows! A dress I only wore once now looks a little too hootchie for this momma!
Gender: IT’S A BOY!!!!!!!
Movement: He’s moving around lots, especially at night right when I get in bed! I was thinking the other night how much I am going to miss feeling those kicks in my stomach. I really love being pregnant and that feeling when I feel him kick is like nothing I have ever experienced. It’s like my whole world is complete :)
Sleep: Still sleeping good, can’t complain!
What I miss: I really haven’t had time to miss anything. The summer things I would normally miss I haven’t had time to notice… just too many fun baby things going on!
Cravings: Sweeeets!! Will it ever end?! Ha!
Symptoms: Nothing new, just the usual. I have had some major pains in my butt bone. It’s really weird and only there some days, so I am thinking it must be the way he is positioned. I just hope it doesn’t get worse as time goes on… ha, yeah right!
Best Moment this week: Seeing the nursery coming together! It makes me so happy :) The crib was delivered yesterday & the bedding should be delivered Friday! I keep telling Chris when that crib is up, I think I might cry every time I walk by the room! Haha, let’s hope not!


And just 2 random thoughts I figured I would share...

I just realized that this might be the first May since elementary school that I haven’t layed out once all month. I discovered this when I looked at myself in the mirror the other day and thought – Wow, it’s May and I am this pale!! I am going to blame it on the weather and not the fact that my priorities are completely changed this year, ha! But I wouldn’t change it for the world ;)
Also, I parked in my first “Expectant Mother” parking space the other day!! Haha! I told myself I would never park in one because it’s not like I am handicapped, but it was about to pour down rain and I had to get in and out of the grocery fast, ha! It was kinda fun, not gonna lie!


I am so excited this weekend is Memorial Day! Usually I would have realized it was a 3 day weekend weeks before, but it didn't dawn on me until Sunday when Chris mentioned it. It was a nice surprise!! Hopefully I can break my pale streak and say I did lay out once in May! Ha! The pool is calling my name! It's really starting to feel like summer now that school is getting out (and to all you teachers I am so jealous!) and I get to touch the sand in a couple of weeks for one last time before baby Grayson comes!! Woo hoo:)

Cheers to a sunny Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment