Thursday, June 23, 2011

3 to the 0!

So I'm late on the 30 week update, which I was 30 weeks on Sunday, and I have no pictures but I promise to have a more exciting update next week! I might even venture out and purchase 4 navel oranges (his size) for the pic, ha! Anywho~ nothing crazy has been going on in our world this past week. We celebrated Father's Day and my mother-in-law's birthday pool side on Sunday which was a good time! My Daddy got to feel Grayson hiccup on Father's Day too! Thought that was pretty cool :) Men are men and don't get all mushy gushy too often, but I can really tell this whole baby thing is hitting my Dad and it makes my heart so happy! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful Daddy and I know he is going to be the best "Pop"! He will finally be able to teach someone how to play golf and they won't be near as bored as my sister and I were, haha! I am sure he will also try to make a hunter out of Grayson, oh lawdy that gives me a heartattack! I can't wait to see them together... I can tell there is already so much love there!! I love ya Daddy :) {& Grayson does too!}


*30 WEEKS!*

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 30 weeks
Size of baby: The size of a head of cabbage – a/b 15.7 inches long and 3 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: For sure!
Gender: IT’S A BOY!!!!!!!
Movement: All the time! He is much higher in my rib cage and I can sometimes feel either his butt or head poking out! It’s crazy!!

Sleep: Still going good! Hope it stays that way, but I am sure it won’t!
What I miss: Nothing much! Life is good!
Cravings: Nothing lately… I mean who can’t always go for some ice cream? Ha! Oh, and I discovered Jerry's Sno Cones... bad, bad idea. I have already made 2 visits in 1 week :) ha! That place is amazing!!

Symptoms: Nothing new! Just a’growin!
Best Moment this week: Due to a little fall/scare I had in the yard! {It’s funny now that everything is ok! Haha!} I got to hear his heartbeat last week and he was kicking so hard it was making loud noises on the little doppler. She assured me he was having soccer practice… Chris loved that :)

We went to the doctor yesterday for my check up, which by the way I am loving going every 2 weeks now! We heard the heartbeat which was 140 and she said my measurements were on the dot! We talked about things to come in the coming weeks and it got me so excited, yet a bit nervous. I went home and read my "What to Expect When Expecting" book, like that was going to make me feel more prepared or something. Ha! As my Mom says it just comes natural, so I am clinging on to that. I guess there is no way to put this parenting thing in black and white. I know I can do it, I guess just knowing every baby is different and you're not going to know what to do until the time comes is a little out of my element. I am quite the planner, but I am learning to let go. I know God will take care of him {and Chris & I too} as we discover this new life! I can't wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment