Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sweet Summertime!

It's officially summertime and I've got a sunburn to prove it! Chris & I got fried this weekend and it only took one pool day. I guess we didn't realize how much our pasty-selves were going to burn because we even put sunscreen on, but it really didn't help. Oh well, nothing a cold bottle of aloe can't cure:) This past weekend was spent sharing quality time with friends & family. It was so nice!

Saturday we hung out with some buddies at the Harrison's casa and played with some sweet little girls and baby boys! It seems like everyone is having boys! I love it and can't wait for them all to become buddies! Sunday we packed up and headed over to the Clark's pool for a full day of sun & grilling out. It was so fun & I was loving getting to float on my tummy!! It was really weird because I haven't been able to lay that way since the begining of pregnancy and it was so nice to be comfortable and just relax! If it weren't for the pool, I doubt I would be spending much time outdoors... it literally went from 60 to 90 overnight and I can feel every bit of it! Oh well, my little summer baby will be worth it in the end:)

Sunday night we had a cornhole tourney at the Miskel's. It was lots of fun and the boys took this cornhole tournament quite seriously. Chris asked at midnight if he could play one more tournament! Not game, but tournament!! I was trying to hang in there, but it got mighty difficult. Somehow I ended up being the last girl there with all the guys playing cornhole and I am not quite sure how that happened? ha! I decided I had enough and took it to the house to get ready for bed and returned to pick my little child up from "playing". Needless to say I slept later than I have in a looong time on Monday!! Oh what you will do for your sweet boy...

Speaking of, this Sunday is our one year anniversary!!! I cannot believe it has already been a year!! This has been one of the best years of my life and I never knew how much more I would love this man in a year! I feel so blessed to share each day of my life with him and the journey we have ahead of us. Thank you God for blessing me with this amazing person and all you have blessed us with in just this one year; You are truly amazing! I love you Christopher Lee :)


Here are a few pictures to highlight our weekend...

Ha, twinks! Sisters have great taste, huh?:) Look at this sweet thing, Mr. Ryder Holley :)

The crew enjoying some grill-n-pool time! And he's off... Got him!! I am headed out of town next week to stick my toes in the sand one last time before baby Grayson arrives! I am off to celebrate a good friends Bachelorette weekend and doubt I will have time to do any blogging, so my 27 & 28 week (which I will be on Sunday) post is combined... Enjoy!


*27/28 Weeks!*


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 27/28 weeks
Size of baby: The size of a head of cauliflower (27) & a chinese cabbage (28) – almost 15 inches long and a/b 2 and a quarter lbs.
Maternity Clothes: Yes indeed! I can still wear some normal stuff, but it’s getting to the point where maternity is much more comfortable for this big bump!
Gender: IT’S A BOY!!!!!!!
Movement: All the time! He is ready to party at about 9:30 pm – too bad Momma is not! Ha! I love the big kicks, they make me laugh. We played a little game last night and everytime I would push my tummy he would give me a big jolt :) Also, I can now tell what side of my tummy he is on because there is a big bulge, hehe :)
Sleep: I really hope not, but I am starting to feel a bit of that 1st trimester sleepiness… not near as bad but naps are sounding better and better in the afternoon! I am just trying to enjoy the sleep I can get for now, because I hear pretty soon the sleep will not happen!
What I miss: Nothing really, maybe a cold brew by the pool but not really… I wouldn’t change this for the world!
Cravings: Ice cream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!!! :)
Symptoms: With the heat and being on my feet a lot this weekend I started to swell a bit, yuck! Other than that just the usual and I feel like my belly has doubled in the past few days!
Best Moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat! We had a doctor appt. yesterday and his heartrate was 145!! She said he’s a happy little boy :)


Yesterday at the doctor everything went very well! We heard the heartbeat which always make me smile and measurements and everything looked great! Also, I passed the glucose test! Woohoo, glad I do not have to worry about that! It looks like we will be going to the doctor every 2 weeks starting in about 3 weeks. I am so glad those 5 week stretches are over!! I like the updates of knowing my little booga is growing strong! Nonna & I will be spending some time tomorrow getting the nursery prepared! I have learned through this process to start the nursery planning early because you will run into problems! Thankfully it has all been cleared up and the correct glider is on the way and bedding that doesn't have upside down elephants on one side is on the way too! haha! I guess it called for a good laugh, but I sure didn't want my sweet little boy in his crib going 'uhoh, uhoh'. Haha! All is well now though and I will definitely post some pics. when it is closer to being complete!


I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! When I return I will be going on week 30 and holy smokes that gets me excited!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment