Tuesday, July 12, 2011

4th of July & my little firecracker ;)

We had a very relaxing 4th of July weekend! We spent Saturday running errands & getting baby stuff done and then it was time for ribs & fireworks Sunday!! Chris smoked 3 racks of ribs all day and Megan & Dave joined us for some good grub that night! A lot of our neighbors came over and we shot off lots & lots of fireworks!! It was so fun, until I got shot in the foot with a bottle rocket!!! I had decided this year I would not partake in "moving" fireworks and just shoot off the fun sparkly ones incase of a pregnancy tumble! Well I was just sitting in my chair watching Chris go to town and then I heard a "Oh, *explicit*!" I saw the lovely bottle rocket get knocked & was pointing right at me! He went to step on it to stop it, but too late... that sucker hit me right in the foot and as I went to grab Copper {Momma instinct} I thought I was going to feel burns on my arm, but before the thing even had time to spark my foot had a swollen lump the size of a golf ball! I've never seen anything swell that fast, it must have hit a blood vessel or something. So I went hobbling inside as Chris kept saying "are you going to cry?" haha!! No, I didn't cry I think I was so shocked what had just happened and why my foot was swelling by the second. But future physical therapist, Meg, doctored me up and I was a good to go... though a week and half later and my foot is still blue!! Oh well, just glad it wasn't in the stomach and hopefully my child husband has learned his lesson! :)

Chris's yummy ribs!

My festive cupcakes!
He couldn't even wait till the sun went down...
Meg & Dave testing out the goods!
He's dangerous!!
Trying to get a cool shot... hmm, not so much!

I do realize that I haven't posted my pregnancy update since 31 weeks, but I am going to have to jump to 33 weeks. I am behind and it's just a perfect example of how I feel the weeks have been lately... going by to quick to keep up!!

*33 Weeks!*

I'm 33 weeks! (this pic was actually taken at 32 weeks)


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 33 weeks
Size of baby: The size of a pineapple – over 4 lbs and over 17 inches long
Maternity Clothes: About all I can wear!
Gender: IT’S A BOY!!!!!!!
Movement: He is moving all the time and immediately when I start eating! His movements are so big now my whole stomach moves!! He goes in to kicking frenzies sometimes and it’s like an earthquake!!
Sleep: Not near as good as it used to be. My legs tingle and of course it’s hard to get comfortable. Then once I wake up I go into “planning baby” mode, I think I’ve packed our hospital bag in my head a time or 2…
What I miss: Being able to give myself a pedicure… I tried that this past weekend, quite comical cramping as I tried to put my foot on the counter!
Cravings: Ice Cream & Sno Cones – I’m glad I just now discovered how good Chick-fil-a milkshakes are!! If I had discovered this at the beginning of pregnancy it could have gotten bad!!
Symptoms: More tired, tingly legs, a little heartburn…oh, and that belly that grows by the day!!
Best Moment this week: Hearing his heartbeat (150 this week, he was a happy boy Wednesday – I think it’s cause his Nonna got back from Miami that day! :)) and he decided to show out at the dinner table Sunday night. My whole fam got to see him flip and flop as we ate. Won’t be long and he will be showing out a lot more for Nonna & Pop:)


The nursery is almost complete so I will be posting pics soon!! I love, love, love it :)

1 comment:

  1. People say to enjoy your sleep while you're pregnant because once the baby is born you won't get any. I do not agree! The two hours of good, comfy sleep you get once he is born is better than the 8 hours you try to sleep while pregnant! I'm glad y'alll are having a great summer! I'm so excited to see your mom when school starts. I'm sure she will take a month or two off once Grayson is born.

    ReplyDelete