Friday, August 19, 2011

THE VERDICT

Well, well, well it has been a crazy last couple of days! We had our doctor appt. on Wednesday and we had a little change in the game plan. My blood pressure continued to increase (not crazy, but still a little high) and the doctor does not want to wait until my due date. We were thinking next Friday prior to the appt. but she had different things in mind. So we will be heading in mid next week to start the induction process. It is such a relief to know the day, but still knowing he could come at anytime is keeping me on my toes! I was not dialated very much so she decided to help out... I will spare you from details let's just say I have officially felt the worst pain in my life, but enough of that. Chris & I are so excited that we will see our baby boy so soon! I have decided to make this my last day of work since the 4 a.m. wake ups are not making me feel too swell. I hope to sleep, rest, sleep this weekend and in the coming days before his arrival! Here is an early 39 week update, I do not plan on doing much computer updating this weekend. I hope to strictly chill with my Hubby and enjoy the blessing we are about to bring into this family!

*39 Weeks!*

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 39 weeks
Size of baby: The weight of a small watermelon– over 7 lbs and 20 inches long
Maternity Clothes: Yes, thankful for them but ready to never see them again :)
Gender: IT’S A BOY!!!!!!!
Movement: Still pretty active… I am able to tell body parts easier. He loves to stick his little foot out the side of my stomach!! Ah can’t wait to kiss those feet!!
Sleep: Chris tucked me in the other night and described it perfectly… I need a forklift to get me comfortable, haha! Innocent comment, right? ;) I’ve had a few rough nights this week, but if I can get my mind off things I’m hoping to get some good zzz’s before he arrives!
What I miss: Not a thing, I wouldn’t trade this for anything!
Cravings: Nothing really, food does not excite me anymore.
Symptoms: I have had major pains these last couple of days and major cramping after the doc appt. on Wed., also charlie horses like crazy but I drink enough water for us all so what can ya do, let’s see what else… wedding rings are getting tight but I am determined to wear them till the end. Other than that, just baby fever!!! Ready to have this angel in my arms!! :)
Best Moment this week: The doctor appt. on Wednesday… it all hit that it’s here! Chris & I looking at each other as we walked out with these smiles we just couldn’t hold back… thinking wow, we are about to have this baby!! We couldn’t be more excited!! We cannot thank God enough for this amazing little life!

This pregnancy journey has been amazing. I never thought I would enjoy it this much, but it just brought me a happiness 24/7 knowing I had this little joy inside me at all times. The time really flew by and I can see why God did not make it last 11 or 12 months because I done hit that ready point! Thanks so much to everyone for following this journey. It has been so much fun to share and it's a perfect outlet to look back on and remember all the details of this pregnancy. I can't wait to share this little baby boy's life with you as well! Please pray for us in these coming days. As anyone would be, I am a little nervous about the birthing process but must say the excitement is taking over my nerves! I know God is in total control and I thank Him so much for giving me that faith! Without it, I would probably be in confinement on a high dose of valium, ha! There is a verse I used to put in my sock at all of my cheerleading competitions... it has stuck with me ever since and little did I know it would bring me comfort when giving birth to my baby boy. Times change, but God doesn't :)

"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10

Love you all! XO~

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to meet little baby G! Praying for you in the next coming days. I hope it all goes well and as easy as can be:) Yay Mama Kelley!

    ReplyDelete