Tuesday, August 2, 2011

36 Weeks & Family Shower!

Saturday I had my family shower hosted by my sister & sister-n-law! It was absolutely perfect and I feel so blessed to have such an amazing family (+ some awesome friends)! Grayson got lots of fun stuff and I can't wait for him to wear/use all of it. I got it all washed & put away Sunday... I'm trying to stay on top of being completely prepared since the time is quickly approaching! I cannot believe I will be full term this week. That day always seemed so far away and now it is here!! I am so excited and just so ready... well, whenever he is :) Here are a few pics from the shower!!


I loved my diaper cake!

The yummy spread!
Am I really that huge?!? ha!
Such a special day! :)



It really meant a lot to have all my sweet family there! I really felt blessed and hope Grayson knows how loved he already is! Ok, I will stop getting sappy before I cry. Yes, I think the emotions of everything are starting to hit me. Confession: I cried at church Sunday! We gave a standing ovation for one of our pastors (some of you might know him, Andy Savage, he is awesome!) for what a wonderful job he has done on the series this summer. Nothing was sad about it, but it was just so sweet and I cried. Chris laughed at me which helped me to stop, haha! Oh lawwdy! On to the weekly updates...


*36 Weeks!*


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 36 weeks
Size of baby: The weight of a crenshaw melon – almost 6 lbs and 18 ½ inches long
Maternity Clothes: Yuup indeed!
Gender: IT’S A BOY!!!!!!!
Movement: He decided to finally go head down so I wasn’t feeling him as much a day or 2 and it scared me to death! Turns out he was just hanging out head down where he was supposed to be… well due to that little episode they “buzzed” him with a noise thing to try to get some movement and his little self said fine then, and moved back to breach! Haha, oh well it is what it is! We shall see what he decides to do…
Sleep: Now the tossing and turning is even difficult… I feel like I am on the Gravitron at the fair when I try to adjust, haha!
What I miss: Clothing options… I am about over these maternity clothes and being able to run a quick errand without feeling like I am going to suffocate in this heat!!
Cravings: Sweets, I guess… I’m kind of over food at this point.
Symptoms: Still sleepy, definitely nesting, legs tingle and starting to swell a bit… I’ve been lucky this far but some days I can see that pregnancy puffiness!
Best Moment this week: My family shower on Saturday! It was perfect! Pretty much all my family {except my Florida family, they were told to wait for the baby arrival} was there and it meant the world to me!! I can’t wait for Grayson to meet all these amazing people in his life! I feel super blessed and thank everyone for being there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment